The mission of the Center for Instructional Innovation is to promote, support, and demonstrate innovation in teaching and learning.
Within this mission, the Center for Instructional Innovation has three major functions:
- To promote innovative methods of teaching and learning among faculty and students.
- To support the adoption of innovative methods of teaching and learning through the application of effective, relevant, and transparent technologies.
- To demonstrate the effectiveness of innovative methods of teaching and learning through academic research and assessment.
The following are a few of the upcoming events to look forward to during the Fall semester:
- An on-campus demonstration of iBooks Author and iTunes U will be hosted by CII and presented by representatives of Apple Computer in September.
- Training opportunities throughout the fall semester on various technological and pedagogical topics will be conducted. Watch the campus calendar for more information on these sessions.
- The Center for Instructional Innovation (CII) rolled out iPads to all full-time faculty during the spring and summer semesters. Training sessions were conducted during the month of August that demonstrated how faculty can use their iPads to connect wirelessly to Apple TVs and present using the latest in iOS applications.
- CII recently hosted a series of training sessions that were conducted by IT staff to introduce the newly developed Class Roster application to the campus community.
- A new guide titled, Best Practices for Developing Online Courses in Blackboard, was released to faculty last June. This guide has received positive reviews by faculty and is accessible on the faculty tutorial site.