The mission of the Center for Instructional Innovation is to promote, support and demonstrate innovation in teaching and learning.
Within this mission, the Center for Instructional Innovation has three major functions:
- To promote innovative methods of teaching and learning among faculty and students.
- To support the adoption of innovative methods of teaching and learning through the application of effective, relevant, and transparent technologies.
- To demonstrate the effectiveness of innovative methods of teaching and learning through academic research and assessment.
The following are a few of the upcoming events to look forward to during the Fall semester:
- Training opportunities throughout the fall semester on various technological and pedagogical topics will be conducted. Watch the campus calendar for more information on these sessions.
- The iLearn Commons was added to the Loden-Daniel Library to provide students an area where they may come to collaborate, innovate, and reflect upon learning experiences through group collaboration with their peers. The iLearn Commons Assistant will be on-hand to assist students in using technology for academic projects.
- Six additional classrooms across campus have been upgraded to iLearn classrooms equipped with the latest technologies to promote the integration of pedagogical technologies.
- A new business degree completion program is being implemented at the FHU/Memphis Bucy Center. The Center for Instructional Innovation (CII) has been working with the business faculty to design and develop the courses in alignment with the Best Practices For Developing Digital Learning Environment guide. This guide has received positive reviews by faculty and is accessible on the faculty tutorial site.