The Department of Nursing at Freed-Hardeman University is now accepting applications for future Adjunct Faculty positions in a variety of subjects, including Adult Health, Women’s Health, Pediatrics, Mental Health, and Nursing Management.
These applications are accepted on a continuous basis and reviewed by the Department Chair when openings become available. Adjunct positions are on a semester-by-semester basis. Please note: this posting does not guarantee a currently open position.
Responsibilities of the Nursing Faculty will include but not be limited to:
- Teach required number of credit hours per semester based on their contract.
- Evidence of knowledge and skills related to the teaching of adults, teaching methodology, curriculum development and evaluation.
- Develop, implement, evaluate and update the purpose, philosophy, objectives and organizational framework of the Nursing program.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and evaluation of the curriculum using a written plan.
- Develop, evaluate and revise student admission, progression, retention and graduation policies within the Department of Nursing.
- Provide academic advising and guidance of students (only FT faculty).
- Plan and provide theoretical instruction and clinical or laboratory experiences that reflect an understanding of the philosophy, objectives and curriculum of the Nursing program and nursing profession.
- Evaluate student achievement of curricular objectives/outcomes related to nursing knowledge and practice.
- Schedule 10 office hours per week for student availability (only FT faculty).
- Schedule administrative time for classroom, laboratory, and clinical preparation.
- Perform other similar duties as assigned.
- Must hold an earned MSN (PhD, DNP preferred) for didactic role or for clinical instructor role, BSN with clinical expertise in basic nursing and their area of specialty (i.e. Adult Health, Women’s Health, Pediatrics, Mental Health, Nursing Management).
- At least two years of full-time professional nursing clinical experience.
- Two years, preferred, of full-time teaching experience in a nursing program.
- Hold a current, unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Tennessee, or be eligible to obtain a Tennessee Registered Nurse license.
- Current certification in Basic Life Support
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive energy regarding professional education and the role of Nurse Educator.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with other faculty members, as well as students.
- Excellent verbal, written, and electronic communication skills.
- Ability to perform the requirements of the job description (listed above).
The online faculty application for employment can be found by clicking here.
For questions or assistance with the application process, contact the Department of Nursing at 731-989-6965, or email email@example.com.
Freed-Hardeman University is a private institution, associated with churches of Christ, dedicated to moral and spiritual values, academic excellence, and service in a friendly, supportive environment. The purpose of the University is to provide every student an education permeated with these Christian values.
Pursuant to this purpose and Section 703(e)(2) of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Freed-Hardeman University exercises a preference for applicants active within the churches of Christ. Freed-Hardeman University complies with all applicable federal and state non-discrimination laws and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or prior military service in the administration of its employment practices.