The College of Arts and Sciences at Freed-Hardeman University invites applications in writing for a full-time position in the Department of Nursing. Applicants should have a strong interest in teaching as well as clinical application. He or she will be expected to teach undergraduate nursing courses within his or her area of specialty, as well as general nursing courses. Applicants should have a Masters in nursing, but a doctoral degree (PhD, DNP, EdD) is preferred. Additional requirements are as follows:
- Two years of full-time professional nursing clinical experience
- Current license in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse in Tennessee, or be eligible to obtain a Tennessee Registered Nurse license.
- Current certification in Basic Life Support
- Demonstrate excellent verbal, written and electronic communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive energy regarding professional education and the role of Nurse Educator.
Preference will be given to applicants with a background in women’s health and/or pediatric nursing. The position will remain open until filled, with employment to begin in August 2013.
Candidates may send their application and credentials to:
Chris White, EdD, RN, Chair
Department of Nursing
Henderson, TN 38340
Freed-Hardeman University is a private institution, associated with churches of Christ, dedicated to moral and spiritual values, academic excellence, and service in a friendly, supportive environment. The purpose of the University is to provide every student an education permeated with these Christian values.
Pursuant to this purpose and Section 703(e)(2) of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Freed-Hardeman University exercises a preference for applicants active within the churches of Christ. Freed-Hardeman University complies with all applicable federal and state non-discrimination laws and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or prior military service in the administration of its employment practices.