Department: School of Business
Status: Full-Time, Faculty (9 Month)
Reports To: Dean, School of Business
The School of Business at Freed-Hardeman University invites applications for a full-time, tenure track position at the associate/assistant level in Accounting beginning in August, 2013. The School of Business, accredited by ACBSP, offers outstanding undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Ph.D., DBA is preferred. ABD applicants who are close to completion will be considered.
- A demonstrated history, competence in and commitment to quality teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level is preferred.
- Experience delivering courses in an on-line and classroom format that engages current technology is preferred.
- Significant professional experience in accounting along with CPA is preferred.
- Candidate must have eighteen or more hours of graduate level course work in the teaching discipline.
- Candidate must be an active member in good standing of the churches of Christ.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaches accounting and business administration courses with a total load of up to twenty-seven hours.
- Serves as academic advisor for departmental majors.
- Engages in scholarly research or other creative achievement activity.
- Serves on university committees as assigned.
- Attends daily chapel.
- Participates in student recruitment and promotion.
- Conducts servant leadership in the community.
- May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
- Position rank will be based on degree and experience.
- Salary will be commensurate with degree, background, and experience.
- Benefit information and an application may be accessed at http://www.fhu.edu/HR.
Application review will begin on October 1, 2013, and will continue until the position is filled. Please submit application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Freed-Hardeman University is a private institution, associated with churches of Christ, dedicated to moral and spiritual values, academic excellence, and service in a friendly, supportive environment. The purpose of the University is to provide every student an education permeated with these Christian values.
Pursuant to this purpose and Section 703(e)(2) of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Freed-Hardeman University exercises a preference for applicants active within the churches of Christ. Freed-Hardeman University complies with all applicable federal and state non-discrimination laws and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or prior military service in the administration of its employment practices.