Department: Mid-South Youth Camp
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports To: Director, Mid-South Youth Camp
Open until filled. Please submit online application here, and send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. A one year probationary period is in effect for all exempt employees.
The Mid-South Youth Camp (MSYC) Caretaker is principally responsible for the day-to-day custodial care of the campground. To accomplish this, the MSYC Caretaker will be responsible that the facility maintains a high standard of sanitation, safety, and security of the facilities and that all supportive systems of the campground are functioning properly for program use. The MSYC Caretaker shall reside in a designated cabin on-site at the camp.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- During camp session, assists the Director with any and all day to day operations of the camp facility.
- Enforce compliance with safety, fire, and health and sanitation regulations.
- Schedule groups, club meetings and retreats held on the camp grounds, along with use of the Lion Adventure Ropes Course.
- Ensure compliance with camp policies to all groups using the camp grounds.
- Maintain the camp grounds by mowing, trimming, brush removal, etc. Insure that roadways and grounds are maintained and elimination of any potential safety hazards. Camp tools and equipment shall be maintained and located on the grounds and secured in defined areas.
- Regularly check buildings and furnishings, repairs minor damage, and report major repair needs to the FHU facilities department via work order.
- Schedule and monitor the maintenance of the MSYC bus.
- Manage the opening/closing of the swimming pool. Provide daily pool maintenance such as vacuuming debris and managing chemical levels. Provide other light maintenance and care of equipment or supplies.
- Maintain care of boating equipment, paddles, life jackets, etc.
- Participate in educational safety training as provided by the Executive Director of Facilities at Freed-Hardeman University
Ability to obtain and maintain CPR and First Aid certifications. Ability to obtain and maintain Pool Operators certification. Must have valid driver license and be willing to obtain CDL certification. Willingness to relocate to and reside in on-site cabin at MSYC.
Commensurate with training, education, and experience.
As described on http://www.fhu.edu/hr/benefits.aspx
Freed-Hardeman University is a private institution, associated with churches of Christ, dedicated to moral and spiritual values, academic excellence, and service in a friendly, supportive environment. The purpose of the University is to provide every student an education permeated with these Christian values.
Pursuant to this purpose and Section 703(e)(2) of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Freed-Hardeman University exercises a preference for applicants active within the churches of Christ. Freed-Hardeman University complies with all applicable federal and state non-discrimination laws and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or prior military service in the administration of its employment practices.