Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports To: Assistant VP of Estate Planning & Regional Development
Open until filled. Please submit online application here and resume to email@example.com
June 1, 2014. A twelve-month probationary period is in effect for all exempt employees.
Seek out and foster relationships with donors and potential donors in a specific territory for the purpose of securing donations to the various programs of the university. This is primarily done by traveling to meet with individuals in various settings.
Essential Functions (other duties may be assigned):
- Travel extensively to meet with donors and potential donors in a specific territory to ask for pledges and contributions to the Annual Fund, Capital Fund, and Endowment Fund with an emphasis on major and planned gifts.
- Maintain telephone and/or written contact with donors and potential donors when travel is not needed or practical.
- Keep records of all contacts with donors or potential donors.
- Work with the Assistant Vice President to plan and set goals for each year and be responsible for reaching those goals.
- Conduct research to find new donors and to evaluate giving potential of donors and potential donors.
- Be present for and assist with major events of the Office of University Advancement.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Vice President.
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university, and/or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Self-motivated and willing to travel. Excellent people and communication skills. Committed to Christian education and Freed-Hardeman University.
Commensurate with training, education, and experience
As described on www.fhu.edu/hr/benefits.aspx
Freed-Hardeman University is a private institution, associated with churches of Christ, dedicated to moral and spiritual values, academic excellence, and service in a friendly, supportive environment. The purpose of the University is to provide every student an education permeated with these Christian values.
Pursuant to this purpose and Section 703(e)(2) of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Freed-Hardeman University exercises a preference for applicants active within the churches of Christ. Freed-Hardeman University complies with all applicable federal and state non-discrimination laws and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or prior military service in the administration of its employment practices.