IT has teamed up with GoToAssist to help us better serve our faculty, staff and students. Using this software, IT can give remote assistance to any user whether they use a Mac or a PC.
While our online HelpDesk should be the primary means of receiving assistance, there are times when access to your computer is vital in troubleshooting a given issue. When a HelpDesk technician needs access to your computer, we will do this remotely using GoToAssist.
Once a HelpDesk technician has been assigned to provide you assistance, you can do the following while on the phone with the technician:
- Browse to http://www.fastsupport.com
- You will be prompted to enter Your Name and a Support Key (which you will receive from the HelpDesk technician).
- Click Continue.
- Follow the instructions and download the Citrix Online Launcher (the download should start automatically).
- Open and run the Citrix Online Launcher.
- Click Join to enter the session.
- The HelpDesk technician will be remotely connected to your computer to give you assistance.