You can earn a minimum of 12 credit hours while living and studying in Belgium. Your semester in Europe will be full of exciting opportunities, like:
- Trips to sites and cities in and around Belgium, including the EU Parliament in Brussels and the canals of medieval Brugge.
- Six days in Paris spent climbing the iconic Eiffel Tower, reflecting on the pivotal beaches of Normandy, and discovering the treasures of the Louvre that you have only seen in textbooks.
- Eight days in Germany and Austria, with visits to the Nazi concentration camp at Dachau, Hitler’s Eagle’s Nest in Berchtesgaden, and the beautiful lake Königssee and Neuschwanstein castle.
- In the spring, ten days in Italy spent marveling at the Colosseum and ancient ruins of Rome, visiting the birthplace of the Renaissance in Florence, and wandering along the winding canals of Venice.
- In the fall, an eleven-day tour of the United Kingdom including a play in the Globe Theatre, coffee at the Elephant House Café where J. K. Rowling penned the Harry Potter novels, and a visit to ancient Stonehenge.
- Three weeks of independent free travel, during which you can backpack through the majestic Alps, admire the architecture of Gaudi in Barcelona, or follow in the Apostle Paul’s footsteps in Athens.
All of this is possible—and more—when you spend a semester studying in Europe with FHU. When you study abroad, the world is your classroom.
FHU students in Belgium live and study in a fully-equipped three-story facility in the town of Verviers in the French-speaking region of the country. The facility consists of male and female dorm rooms, faculty apartments, a kitchen and dining area, laundry services, wireless Internet access, and a classroom and lounge area. The building is very near stores, restaurants, banks, and other services. If you want fast food European style, you can find waffles, frites, pita wraps, and ice cream in just a few minutes. The train station is a 15 minute walk from the facility.
The FHU facility in Verviers, Belgium
The central train station in Verviers
For more information about the FHU Abroad program in Belgium, visit the FAQs or contact the FHU Abroad Office at email@example.com.