2. Must have completed an appropriate baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for regular admission (conditional admission is allowed for lower GPA).
3. Submit official undergraduate and graduate transcripts from all institutions previously attended, mailed to:
Graduate School of Theology
158 E. Main St.
Henderson, TN 38340
4. Official test scores from one of the following:
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE): minimum score of 150 on the Verbal Reasoning portion, and 3.5 or higher on the Analytical Writing portion.
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT): minimum score of 380.
- If you are an FHU graduate, the Bible Outcomes Exam: score of 80 or above.
- (Applicants with lower test scores, see "Conditional Admission" below.)
5. Personal essay specifying your goals and how the FHU program will help you meet those goals (300-500 words).
6. Two completed recommendation forms (see "Forms" page)
- One from a church leader
- One from a second acquaintance
7. Scholarship application (optional - see "Forms" page)
8. For students for whom English is a secondary language, official scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Minimum scores:
- 500 on the paper-based exam
- 173 on the computer-based exam
- 61 on the Internet-based exam
Students who do not meet the minimum requirements for regular admission may apply for conditional admission. Bachelor's degree graduates of foreign, nationally accredited, or pre-accredited (candidates for regional accreditation) institutions may also be granted conditional admission.
A student granted conditional admission in any graduate program may register for a maximum of 12 graduate semester hours; a student may not register for additional courses after completing the maximum of 12 graduate semester hours without first btaining regular admission status. A student admitted cnditionally may be granted regular admission status only after completing the 12 graduate semester hours with all grades of A or B.
To be considered for conditional admission to any graduate program at FHU, all applicants must provide all the materials required for regular admission as noted above. In addition, the following criteria applies:
- Minimum GPA: 2.5
- All other criteria remain unchanged.