M.Ed. and Ed.S. Admission Requirements
- Submit an application for admission.
- Must have completed an appropriate baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Submit all official undergraduate and graduate transcripts from previously attended institutions.
- A score of 800 or above on the GRE, (OR)
- State required score on the PRAXIS II.
- A score of 380 or above on the MAT.
- Submit three letters of recommendation from: (1) a teacher or academic advisor on the undergraduate or graduate level, (2) a present or past employer, and (3) a minister or church leader where you now attend.
- Click on the Forms link to the right and scroll down to the Prospective Students section - download the Criminal History Form. You will then follow the directions for the Background Check.
Ed.D. Admission Requirements
|Requirement ||Description |
| Previous Degree || M.Ed. or Ed.S. |
~Master's or Education Specialist degree or equivalent from a regionally accredited university or international equivalent
| Transcript Evaluation || ~Submit transcripts from all colleges and universities. All foreign transcripts require a course-by-course evaluation from a foreign transcript evaluation service. |
| Minimum GPA || ~At least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale in graduate coursework |
| GRE Scores || ~Although we do not set minimum GRE scores for admission, we do require applicants to submit their official GRE scores. |
| Educational or Professional Experience || ~A minimum of two years relevant experience in education |
~Submit two successful evaluations from a principal and/or supervisor completed in the past three years indicating abilities as an educational/instructional leader.
| Letters of Recommendation || ~Three letters of recommendation from professionals who are familiar with the applicant's scholarship and work history |
(3 forms provided)
| Statement of Goals || ~Include professional goals (immediate, intermediate, and long term) and research interests. Professional goals and research interests need to be compatible with the opportunities afforded through a degree in instructional leadership. |
| Graduate Writing Sample || ~Provide a scholarly paper written by the applicant or a paper written by the applicant during prior coursework. |
| Resume' or Curriculum Vitae || ~A written description of educational background, work experience, and skills |
| TOEFL || ~Applicants whose native language is not English or who have not earned a degree in the U.S. must, according to University policy, submit a TOEFL score (minimum of 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, or 80 internet-based test). |
|Interview || ~Oral interview with two or more department faculty members |
~An on-site writing sample will be required at this time that will relate to a current issue in education.
| Dispositions Self-Assessment || ~Evidence of the dispositions reflective of the mission and vision of the program |
|*A background check is needed if an applicant has not received a previous degree from FHU or if they are not currently working in a school system (verification of employment will be needed). |