Declare a Major/Minor
Declaring a Major

Typically, freshmen and transfer students who are admitted in good academic standing are allowed to declare a major during their advising appointment or when they arrive on campus for their first semester.  Freed-Hardeman offers more than forty majors to its undergraduate students.  In addition, students may choose a "concentration"  (within some majors) or a "minor." 

The declaration of major process must be done through the Center for Academic Success. Upon completion of the paperwork, a departmental advisor will be assigned.
Changing a Major, Adding a Second Major, Adding a Concentration, or Adding a Minor
Students desiring to make any change from their original major declaration--change from one major to another major, add a second major, add a concentration, or add a minor, etc.--must go to their primary advising department to complete appropriate paperwork. Students are strongly advised to meet with an adviser in the new major under consideration and discuss the feasibility of making a change before the actual change process is begun.