Students who have been enrolled in another college or university and plan to enroll at Freed-Hardeman must request that an official transcript of all previous work be sent to FHU if they are to work toward a degree. Transfer students are expected to bring a copy of the catalog from their prior school to assist in the advising process.

Freed-Hardeman students expecting to earn credit at another institution and to use it to meet an FHU requirement must have written approval in advance. To arrange approval students should contact the dean of the school in which their major is located.

College graduates who are not working toward another degree at Freed-Hardeman University need only show evidence of high school or college graduation, such as a diploma.

Credit will be accepted for courses transferred from regionally accredited institutions to FHU which are reasonably parallel to offerings at Freed-Hardeman. Other credit will be evaluated. All credits are transferred at their original grade. If the quality point average on credits transferred is less than 2.00, the cumulative average must be brought up to 2.00 before a student can qualify for graduation.

Students with fewer than 30 semester hours of college credit must also submit a high school transcript and ACT (or SAT) scores.

Graduates of community and junior colleges should see the special provisions in the catalog under Academics: “College Graduates Entering FHU with AA or Baccalaureate Degrees.”