KHEAA Student LoanMarketplace
Once you and your family have considered institutional and federal loan options, you can use the KHEAA Student Loan Marketplace to instantly and accurately compare rates and terms from multiple private loan lenders side-by-side. This will help you make an informed decision about the most appropriate loan for you.
The Marketplace displays products from local and national lenders, complete with detailed listings of APRs (annual percentage rates), interest rates, total cost, monthly payments, borrower benefits, fees and repayment options. The TILA Application Disclosures for each lender are available.
Listed below are other lenders that you or other students have used in the past that are not included in the Marketplace. You can still complete loan applications with these lenders if you choose. Please visit their website to complete the Alternative loan application process.
Discover Student Loans - www.discoverstudentloans.com
Sallie Mae Smart Option Loan - www.salliemae.com
SunTrust Academic Answer Loan - www.suntrusteducation.com
SunTrust Custom Choice Loan - www.suntrusteducation.com
Wells Fargo - www.wellsfargo.com/student
Code of Conduct
In addition to adhering to NASFAA's statement of Ethical Principles (http://www.nasfaa.org/mkt/about/Statement_of_Ethical_Principles.aspx), the Freed-Hardeman University Office of Financial Aid code of conduct is as follows:
- We do not require the use of any particular lender or limit the student's right to choose a lender.
- We do provide a link to a third-party student loan marketplace, as well as the TILA statements for lenders represented within the marketplace, and we provide a list of historical lenders who have served our students over the last five years on our website.
- We do not solicit lenders or accept anything of value from them in order to gain an advantage in our student loan business.
- We do not accept gifts of more than nominal value from any lender.
- Employees of the Office of Financial Aid may not, under any circumstance, enter into a contract or agreement to work for any lender while also working for the university's Office of Financial Aid.
- Does not accept staffing services from external lenders' employees or representatives.
- Prohibits external lenders' representatives from identifying themselves as representatives or agents of the Office of Financial Aid at FHU, and further requires that all external lenders' representatives identify themselves as such from the moment they set foot on campus.
- We do not assign any borrower to a particular lender, nor do we refuse to certify or delay certification of a loan based on the borrower's choice of lender.