As you begin your graduate studies at Freed-Hardeman University, we know that good financial aid options are important. We want to make the process as simple as possible and offer great benefits. At FHU, we will guide you through the steps to receive financial aid.
Steps to receive financial aid:
1. Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). This can be completed online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
. If you do not have internet access, please contact the Office of Financial Aid to request a paper copy. This form has to be completed each year.
2. Once the FAFSA is processed, you will receive a SAR (Student Aid Report). This will show you all of the information that you entered on your FAFSA. Please read it carefully and make sure that it is right.
3. Once the SAR is received electronically by the school, we will send you an award package. This will tell you the loans that are available to you. You must be enrolled in at least 6 hours of graduate work to receive financial aid.
4. Be sure to read your award package carefully and decide if you wish to accept or decline the aid offered. Circle A to accept and D to decline the aid.
5. If you accept a Federal Stafford loan, you will need to complete paperwork online to complete the loan process. Information and directions will be included in your financial aid package.
6. Complete all required paperwork listed on your award letter and submit it to Student Financial Services.
7. To request a refund of your financial aid, send an e-mail to email@example.com. Include your name and the semester of the balance you are requesting.
The maximum amount a graduate student can receive in loans per semester is $10,250. The amount awarded is based on the number of hours, number of weeks enrolled, and the federal budget for each student. The maximum aggregate (total) federal loan amount a graduate can receive is $138,500. This amount includes undergraduate loans as well. The Unsubsidized Stafford loans are at a fixed rate of 6.8%.
You may also pay your account by using Tuition Management Systems (TMS). This is an interest free monthly payment plan. For more information on TMS, visit their website at www.afford.com/fhu
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. We are here to help in any way that we can!
FHU Student Financial Services: 1-800-348-3481 ext. 6662
FHU Student Accounts: 1-800-348-3481 ext. 6008