The financial aid section of our site is designed to provide all the information that you will need to apply for aid and build a financial aid package that will allow you to become part of the FHU family. We know that this process can be overwhelming and we are here to help you make it financially through your four years here at FHU.
Financial aid comes from institutional, federal, state and outside sources. These sources include grants, scholarships, student employment, student loans, and/or parent loans. The links listed in the navigation above will provide information on each financial aid program offered and how to apply for them.
The Office of Student Financial Services will consider you for the most beneficial aid. Some programs have limited funding, applications (FAFSA) received by the priority date will be given first priority. The aid you are awarded will not be credited to your account until all required documents are submitted to Student Financial Services. Outside checks will need to be sent/mailed to the Office of Student Financial Services, Freed-Hardeman University, 158 E. Main Street, Henderson TN 38340.
Simple billing. Increased value!
As part of the FHU Complete pricing plan, all fees and anything that you might encounter as a hidden cost at other universities has been completely done away with. At FHU you will find a simple, straightforward price and never have to sit around wondering how much your college education is actually going to cost.
Dickson Undergraduate Students
- Comprehensive charge of $450 per credit hour.
- Scholarship awards based on transfer GPA are available and awarded on a per credit hour basis.
- The comprehensive charge does not include travel costs for Belgium, NYC, VA Shakespeare, or other travel courses.
- The cost of books are generally $300-500 per semester and not included in the comprehensive charge.
- Scholarships are also available. Award amounts are determined on the basis of the student’s cumulative college GPA. To see how much aid you are eligible for, visit our scholarship calculator, complete the form, and click the ‘calculate my scholarship’ button.
1. Cash Payment - All semester charges, less any financial aid, are due before any student can begin classes. Payments can be made with a check, cash, or credit card by the following dates:
- Fall Semester (including August short course), August 1
- Spring Semester (including January short course), January 2
- Summer Semester, May 15
2. Tuition Management Systems (TMS) - An interest-free monthly payment plan that is available to students and parents. Payments are spread out over 8-10 months. For more information visit www.afford.com/fhu
or call TMS at 1-800-356-8329.
For more information about current student accounts, statements, payment plans, or charges contact Student Accounts at 731-989-6008.
Prospective students and family may contact admissions by calling 1-800-FHU-FHU1 ext. 6651, or local at 731-989-6651, or by email at email@example.com.