Freed-Hardeman University holds some extraordinary collections. Highlights include:
- The Ben Humble Hall Collection--An alumnus of FHC, Mr. Hall spent decades traveling throughout the Mediterranean, the Middle East, and South Asia, collecting over 300 works of art and ethnographic materials.
- Freed-Hardeman University Archives--Covering 120 years of operation, the Archives include institutional records, photographs from the Treasure Chest, Bell Tower, and Sky Rocket publications, audio and video recordings of campus activities and other related items.
- The Wheeler Family Music Collection--Tommy Wheeler established this collection with his own manuscripts, recordings, and scores and those of his father, former FHC music director Palmer Wheeler. The collection includes the well-known hymn "I Love the Lord" and the hymnal Youth Action Songs.
Also represented are objects and documents:
- Associated with the physical plants, members of the student body, faculty, and staff, and the historical role of FHU and its predecessors
- Associated with the Churches of Christ
- Associated with Henderson and Chester County, Tennessee
- Representative of a unique collection opportunity
All activities of the Archives & Special Collections are governed by the Collections Management Policy as approved by President Joe A. Wiley in October 2008.
Collections Management Policy PDF