On March 1, 2010, Freed-Hardeman University will host the 11th annual Administrative Technology Academy. The Tennessee Technology Association sponsors three regional technology Academies in east, middle, and west Tennessee. This will be the third consecutive year that Freed has had the honor to host the West Tennessee convention.
Each year, companies develop new electronic tools for teachers, but the opportunity to learn about and use these tools are limited. The Academy aims to keep teachers in K-12 classrooms up-to-date on the current technology available for the classroom and teach them how to integrate these instruments into their curriculum. Approximately 85% of the attendants will be teachers, principals, and affiliates of K-12 schools. The other 15% is comprised of university professors and educational students preparing to teach.
All of the sessions will be held in the Brown-Kopel business center. There will be four sessions with eight to ten different classes offered in every session. Participants will be able to choose the classes they attend so they can select topics that will be most pertinent to their current stage of teaching. Several technology vendors, such as AT&T, Personal Computer Systems (makers of the Promethean Board), Discovery Education, and Apple, will give demonstrations on how to use the particular items they market. Teachers and school administrators will teach other sessions over how they personally incorporated different forms of technology into their schools and individual classrooms.
You may register for this event online at www.teta.org. If you have any further questions, please contact Dr. M. Monte Tatom at email@example.com or 731-989-6088.