Since July 2012, FHU has reduced its carbon footprint by over 513 metric tons of CO2. This is the equivalent of removing 92 passenger cars from the road for an entire year. Students, faculty, and staff members continue to make a positive impact on the environment by reducing their electricity consumption in the following ways:
- Turn OFF lights and lamps in unoccupied rooms.
- Refrain from turning ON lights when they are not needed.
- Remember that lights not only consume electricity, but they also give off heat that places an additional load on the air conditioning equipment, thereby increasing the use of electricity necessary to cool the room.
- Turn off computers, TVs, stereos, game systems and other devices not being used.
- Unplug chargers when not in use.
- Use Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFLs) instead of incandescent bulbs.