If you are going away for the weekend or a holiday break, help Freed-Hardeman “save while you’re away”.
- Turn off lights and lamps
- Adjust thermostats to appropriate unoccupied settings
- Unoccupied heating set at 55⁰F (fan set to auto)
- Unoccupied cooling set at 85⁰F (fan set to auto)
- Turn off and unplug all devices which use electricity
- Quick Tip: Plug all of your electronics into surge protector power-strips. Not only will you protect your electronics, but it will be easier for you to quickly unplug your items.
- During extended holiday breaks at Thanksgiving, Christmas, and spring break, we also ask that students, faculty, and staff clean out, defrost, and unplug personal refrigerators.
During the 2012 holiday season, Freed-Hardeman recognized energy savings of more than $81,000 by applying these simple steps in a campus-wide holiday shutdown.