The information on this page is also available in PDF format (Technology Reference Guide).
If you need technology assistance, you can request support using any of the following methods:
- Send us an Email
Send an email describing your problem in detail to email@example.com.
- Submit a HelpDesk Ticket
Browse to http://helpdesk.fhu.edu, login, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Talk to us by Phone
Call 731-989-6111 and a support technician will assist you with your problem.
HelpDesk Hours of Operation
Phone and email support
| Monday, Tuesday, Thursday || ||8:00am - 8:00pm |
| Wednesday, Friday || ||8:00am - 5:00pm |
| Saturday || |
|8:00am - 1:00pm |
Hands-on support by appointment
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Important Web Addresses
The following list of websites represent the majority of the sites and services that you will use while a student at FHU.
Blackboard is our learning management system. You can access everything related to your campus coursework via this system.
Need help with Blackboard? Take a look at our student tutorials: http://fhu.edu/tutorials/student/blackboard.aspx
FHU's web-based student email is hosted by Google.
Having an issue with your email account? Check GMail's help site: https://support.google.com/mail/?hl=en
Only1 is FHU's password reset system. You can reset your password at any time by going to Only1.
myFHU is your student portal for course registration, checking grades, and making payments on your account.
This collection of how-to documents will give you all the information that you need to get set-up and printing using FHU's print management system.
WiFi Connection Information (Wireless Internet)
The items below will give you the information that you need to get connected to FHU's wireless network on your Mac, PC or iPad.
SSID (Network Name): FHU_Secure
- Click on the wireless indicator on the menu bar
- Click on "Turn WiFi On"
- Select FHU_Secure
- Enter your FHU username and password
- Click on the WiFi indicator
- Right click on FHU_Secure
- Click "Properties"
- Under the Security tab:
- Authentication Method should be PEAP
- Click the "Settings" button
- Authentication Method should be EAP-MSCHAP v2
- Click the "Configure" button
- Uncheck "Automatically use my Windows logon and password"
- Click the "Advanced Settings" button
- Specify Authentication mode: User auth
- Save credentials
- Type in FHU username and password
- Go to Settings
- Select WiFi
- Make sure wireless is turned on
- Select "FHU_Secure"
- Enter FHU username and password (not email address)
- Accept the certificate and connect
Connecting Devices to FHU_Public WiFi (Apple TV, Playstation, Roku, Xbox, etc.)
Cable TV Channel Lineup
You can view the university's cable channel listing by reviewing our Cable TV Lineup document.