Title IV Refund Policy
The Higher Education Amendments of 1998 changed the formula for calculating the amount of aid a student and school can retain when the student totally withdraws from all classes. Students who withdraw from all classes prior to completing more than 60 percent of an enrollment term will have their eligibility for aid recalculated based on the percent of the term completed. For example, a student who withdraws completing only 30 percent of the term will have “earned” only 30 percent of any Title IV aid received. The remaining 70 percent must be returned by the school and/or the student. The Student Account Office encourages you to read this policy carefully. If you are thinking about withdrawing from all classes prior to completing 60 percent of the semester, you should contact the Student Financial Services Office to see how your withdrawal will affect your financial aid.
*The total number of calendar days in a term of enrollment shall exclude any scheduled breaks of more than five days.
(Total institutional charges X % of unearned aid) = amount returned to program(s)
Exception: no program can receive a refund if the student did not receive aid from that program.
If you would like examples of the refund policy, contact the Office of Student Financial Services.
Upon withdrawal from the University prior to the end of the drop/add period, the Comprehensive Charge and Room will be refunded at 100 percent. After the drop/add period, there is no refund of the Comprehensive Charge or Room. This policy applies to regular terms, summer terms, eight-week terms, and two–week courses. Meal plan charges are prorated and refunded based on the week of withdrawal.
158 East Main Street
Henderson, TN 38340
FHU / Dickson
FHU / Memphis
5565 Shelby Oaks Drive
Memphis, TN 38134
855 Highway 46 South
Dickson, TN 37055
Don't worry. We'll walk you through the entire process. Apply now for free and then schedule a campus visit to experience something that pictures just can't capture.
Whether you're just beginning your college journey or seeking your doctorate, take your next step here.
Take advantage of the tight-knit community and unique opportunities by finding the club or organization where you will belong.
Getting Married? Land a new job or position? Becoming a new parent? Your FHU family wants to brag about it!
You help change the world when you invest in the lives of young people. You can make a difference today with your gift.
FHU has a history of talented student athletes and coaches who have helped make FHU Athletics what they are today. Check out who these students are and what accomplishments they've made. Know someone who deserves to be in the Hall of Fame? Use the nomination form below to tell us about it.
Schedule your campus visit today, and see why Freed-Hardeman University is right for you.
Copyright © 2019 Freed-Hardeman University. All rights reserved.