Title IV Confirmation

This information has been electronically transmitted to the Financial Aid Office.

If you have any comments or suggestions, please email sjudd@fhu.edu.


I understand I have a right to the following:

  • Authorization to Apply Title IV:
    In addition to tuition, room, board, general fee and technology fee, I authorize Freed-Hardeman University to apply my federal financial aid funds to all charges appearing on my student billing statement for the current academic year including charges for library fines, printing, parking tickets/fees, textbooks, course fees and iKnow semester fees.
  • Authorization to Hold Excess Title IV Funds:  
    I authorize FHU to retain in my account any excess federal financial aid funds and apply them to any charges that may appear on my student billing statement for the current academic year
    I further understand that I may request to have excess funds directly deposited into my bank account through the Student Accounts Office
    I also understand that I can request to have excess loan money sent back to the government to reduce the amount borrowed.


I understand that I am responsible for:

  • I understand that it is my responsibility to inform the Office of Financial Aid of any changes in my student status during the academic year.
  • I understand that I must enroll full time (12 hours) in order to receive any institutional scholarships or grants, unless a department exception is made.
  • I am responsible for completing Entrance Counseling and the Master Promissory Note prior to the first disbursement of my loan and Exit Counseling upon withdrawal or graduation from FHU.
  • I understand that I must notify the Office of Financial Aid of any loan, grant, scholarship or other form of financial aid that I am receiving that is not currently listed on this award letter.
  • I understand that if I do not attend classes and fail to withdraw, I am responsible for the total amount charged for my tuition and fees.
  • Repaying my loan even if I do not complete my academic program (under certain circumstances), I am dissatisfied with the education I received or I am unable to find employment after I graduate.
  • Notifying my school and my servicer if
    • move/change my address
    • change my name
    • withdraw from school or drop below half-time enrollment
    • transfer to another school
    • fail to enroll or reenroll in school for the period for which the load was intended
    • change my expected date of graduation
    • graduate